EFCA is a partnership of 13 National Admixture Associations, formed in 1984 in order to represent the interests of the European admixture producers – EFCA’s total membership provides more than 80% of admixture sales within Europe and represents all the major admixture manufacturers. Details about EFCA can be found on the EFCA website: www.efca.info
EFCA is looking for a Secretary General (f/m/d) based in Brussels. The Secretary appointment is a retained position based on a nominal 2 days per week and which will normally be held by a self-employed person.
The working language of the Federation is English. All meetings are conducted in English and all documents produced by EFCA shall be in English.
Main tasks will include:
- ensuring that EFCA operates within its agreed Statutes.
- organizing meetings of the Board, General Assembly, Environmental Committee and Technical Committees including venue, agenda, travel/accommodation advice, attendance details and liaison with host.
- production and distribution of meeting reports (normally 2 weeks maximum) and for the progressing of agreed actions.
- providing all necessary support to Members, Committees and Working Groups (this may include him/her reporting on internal and external activities).
- collecting annual sales statistics from the National Associations and present them at the General Assembly.
- circulating relevant documents from both internal and external sources as required to keep members well informed of activities in the areas of admixture and concrete admixtures legislation.
- assisting in the preparation and production of EFCA documents, including Presentations, Specifications, Guidelines, etc., as initiated by EFCA Committees.
- promoting and assisting in the production and issue of newsletters, press releases and technical articles that raise EFCA profile.
- providing administrative functions of EFCA including:
- Maintain EFCA membership records and details,
- Invoice members for subscriptions and arrange payment of invoices,
- Provide regular financial and membership reports to the EFCA executive and to the Board of Representatives and General Assembly,
- Advise on the preferred level of annual budget and subscriptions to the Executive and General Assembly,
- Maintain an informative and effective Federation web site,
- Maintain the Federation archive of electronic and hard copy files,
- Maintain the Federation bank accounts and financial records,
- Ensuring that the Federation operates within its budget and makes adequate provision or proposals for items of special expenditure in order to maintain the Federation’s strategic financial reserves.
- Finally, the Secretary shall have the accounts of EFCA audited early in each New Year and submit the audited accounts to the GA for approval.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant domain, e.g. concrete admixtures, chemicals;
- Good understanding of the Construction Products Regulation – CPR.
- Good knowledge of the Environmental Product Declaration – EPD.
- Good knowledge of the European Chemical Agency – ECHA.
- Good understanding of the CEN TC104/SC3 and related Standards.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Convincing personality with strong narrative abilities.
- Good negotiator and facilitator for discussions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent EFCA externally.
- Fluent in English (further language proficiency is an advantage).
- Willingness to work in an international environment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Basic understanding of finance and accounting.
Please submit your application to:
Henriette Dikmans and Norbert Schroeter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EFCA – European Federation of Concrete Admixtures Associations,
Rue D’ Arlon 55,